Deferral of your home loan repayments
Many households are feeling the strain of the soaring energy prices. To help you navigate this difficult period, you can apply for a deferral of your home loan repayments under specific conditions. Find out more on this page.
Terms and Conditions
- The mortgage loan for which you are requesting a payment deferral must be for your principal residence in Belgium at the time of the application.
- At the time of the application for a payment deferral, the total movable assets in your current and savings accounts and in your investment portfolio at BNP Paribas Fortis (Hello bank! included) or another bank must not exceed 10,000 euros. Pension savings will not be taken into account.
- On 1 March 2022, there were no late payments registered for the loan for which you are requesting a payment deferral.
- You already have or have requested a repayment plan from your energy supplier.
- The first step: contact your energy supplier to request a repayment plan (4th condition for eligibility).
- Once you have done this, you can contact the Hello Team directly on + 32 2 433 43 82 to check whether you meet the terms and conditions for a payment deferral of your home loan.
- If this is the case, we will schedule an appointment to help you to the best of our ability. We do this by analysing your current situation and needs and looking at suitable solutions together.
Please note: this payment deferral may have a tax impact if you benefit from a capital deduction on your income tax return. In addition, the interest remains due and the term of the loan is extended by the period of the payment deferral.
- Do you not meet the conditions for eligibility, for example because you have more than 10,000 euros of movable assets (2nd condition for eligibility)? Together we will review the various long-term alternatives that can help you navigate this energy crisis.
You and your loved ones remain protected
Our partner AG ensures that you remain insured. If you are eligible for a payment deferral of the capital of your home loan, the outstanding balance insurance that is linked to your home loan will continue to protect you. This does not only apply during the period of payment deferral of your capital, but also to the period during which your loan facility is extended, on condition that your contract has been pledged to the bank.