Hello bank! App
Which card should I use with the card reader?
You need your debit card to create a new profile or to confirm transactions with a card reader. Do you have more than one debit card? You must always use the one you created your profile with when you first logged in to the Hello bank! app. Note: you cannot log in using a credit card.
How do I create a new profile in the Hello bank! app?
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the Hello bank! app and press "Log in".
- Enter your customer number and your card number.
- Confirm using an M1 signature with your card and a card reader.
- Enter your phone number and tap on "Send an SMS". You will then receive an activation code by SMS, which you will have to enter on the next screen.
- Next, choose your five-digit Easy Banking code and enter it a second time to confirm it.
- You will then be able to choose whether or not to enable fingerprint or face recognition login.
- Finally, confirm this choice using your five-digit Easy Banking code.
How do I log in to the Hello bank! app?
There are two ways to log in:
- either by entering your five-digit Easy Banking code; or by using your fingerprint or by face recognition if you have these features on your smartphone.
What is the limit of an instant money transfer?
You can transfer up to EUR 5,000 per day via an instant money transfer.
Where do I find my client and card numbers?
You will find these two numbers on the back of your Hello or Hello4You debit card. Your customer number consists of ten digits and your card number consists of 16 digits.
Tip: scan the back of your card like the Hello Bank! app suggests and you will not have to fill in this information manually.
I want to view my bank statements in the Hello bank! app. Is this possible?
Yes, it is!
- Select an account, then tap the three dots on the top right of your screen.
- Then select "Statements" in the menu and you will see your statements sorted by date.
What is Zoomit for?
Zoomit is a free service available in the Hello bank! app. It allows you to process your bills, credit notes and payslips quickly and easily. You can manage, view and pay your bills in just a few clicks. Do you need to pay a bill? Zoomit will offer you a pre-completed European transfer. You will therefore not have to fill in all the data for this transfer manually.
With Zoomit, you also decide for yourself when you pay, and you will therefore carry out these transactions more quickly. You will also find a clear overview of all your documents and the corresponding payments in a secure environment.
To take advantage of this service, go to the "Communication" tab at the bottom of your screen and select "Zoomit".
How much does an instant money transfer cost?
An instant money transfer made using the Hello bank! app costs EUR 0.60 (including VAT).
What happens if I get the code wrong three times?
If you enter an incorrect Easy Banking code three times, it is automatically blocked. You will receive a message informing you that it has been blocked for security reasons. You can create a new Easy Banking code by clicking on "Create a new code". You will then have to follow the procedure described in the question "How do I create a new profile in the Hello bank! app?"
My device turned off while I was making a transfer in the Hello bank! app: what will happen?
Didn't receive confirmation for this transaction before your phone turned off? And looking at your account, do you not see any debits corresponding to the amount of this transaction? This means that the transaction has not been completed, so you have to re-enter it.
I have forgotten my Easy Banking code. What do I need to do to receive a new one?
- Click on "Log in" then on "Forgotten code?"
- Log in using your card and your card reader (M1).
- Choose a new Easy Banking code and confirm it.
I have lost my smartphone or tablet. What should I do?
Rest assured: the Hello bank! app is completely secure. The five-digit Easy Banking code is required to log in to the app and access your banking data. And after three incorrect attempts at the Easy Banking code, it will be blocked. You will then have to recreate a profile using your debit card and a card reader.
You can also freeze the Hello bank! app by calling the Hello Team on 02 433 41 42 from Monday to Friday from 7 am to 10 pm, and on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
What is an instant money transfer?
An instant money transfer is a transfer in euros that is executed and processed immediately, including evenings, weekends and public holidays. The money arrives in a few seconds in the beneficiary account, even when you make a transfer to an account with another bank.
What are the limits for transfer amounts in the Hello bank! app?
The maximum transfer amount is 25,000 euros per day and per (joint) holder or authorised user of the account(s), regardless of the number of accounts. This restriction does not apply to transfers between your own accounts, since these inter-account transfers are unlimited.
Do you need to make a higher payment? You can make transfers with different limits in Easy Banking Web. More info here
I want to cancel a transfer that I have made myself using the Hello bank! app. Is this possible?
If the transfer has been entered without an execution date, you must contact the beneficiary* of the account to request the amount be repaid.
If this transfer has been entered with a future execution date, you can modify it as follows.
- In the Hello bank! app:
- log in;
- choose the current account from which the transfer is to be made, then press "Scheduled";
- select the transfer in question and press the icon at the top right of your screen to delete it.
Why can't I make an instant money transfer?
Here are the reasons why your instant money transfer may not be possible:
- the beneficiary's bank does not accept instant money transfers;
- the beneficiary account has been closed;
- you have exceeded the maximum amount permitted for instant money transfers.
What types of transfers in euros do I need to sign using my card reader in the Hello bank! app?
Transfers that exceed the limit of EUR 5,000 per day can be securely signed in two ways:
- via an active itsme account. Don't have an itsme account? How do I activate Itsme?
- via the card reader by entering an M2 signature.
How do I make an instant money transfer?
- Open the Hello bank! app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Start entering your transfer.
- Click on "Execution date" then "Instant transfer".
- Fill in the transfer form, click on "Next" and confirm.
I log in on a smartphone using my Easy Banking code. Can I also use the Hello bank! app on a tablet?
Yes, but you will have to create a new profile (see the question "How do I log in to the Hello bank! app?"). It’s up to you to choose whether you want to use the same code that you chose to log in to your Hello bank! app on your smartphone.
Can I combine my Easy Cashback offers with other in-store promotions?
Easy Cashback promotions are different from partner-specific offers and promotions. You can therefore combine them, unless otherwise stated in the cashback conditions.
How do I track the validation status of my cashbacks?
You can track the status of your cashbacks in your Easy Cashback History in the Hello bank! app. A cashback can have several statuses: pending, validated (amount displayed in green) or cancelled.
Pending means that the merchant still needs to validate the cashback. They must ensure that all the conditions for eligibility for the refund have been met and that the withdrawal period that you have for your purchase has expired. A cashback can thus be pending for up to 45 days before being validated.
What are the conditions for activating Easy Cashback?
- You can only activate Easy Cashback after having given your consent to sharing your data with PayLead (our external partner for Easy Cashback). You can also give your consent for a payment account for which you have a mandate.
- Easy Cashback is only available for purchases made with your debit card Bancontact-Visa Debit. You can also pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay, as long as they are linked to your debit card, or pay by European direct debit (e.g., for a public service or telecoms contract).
- The service is available to all our private customers. Business payment accounts are not eligible for the Easy Cashback service.
After you have subscribed to Easy Cashback, all your eligible accounts (all Hello bank! payment accounts or BNP Paribas Fortis packs for private customers that are in your name or joint payment accounts of which you are the holder) will be added automatically.
Does Easy Cashback apply to all the partner’s products?
Easy Cashback applies to all products sold by partner merchants, subject to the conditions set by the merchant. You can consult the terms and conditions of an offer under the Easy Cashback Offer tab in your Hello bank! app.
When will I receive my cashbacks?
We pay out any cashbacks that you earned during the previous period as a lump sum, once a month. The money is automatically credited to the payment account that you used for your purchase in the month following this purchase. To see how much you have saved, go to your Easy Cashback History in the Hello bank! app.
How can I unsubscribe from Easy Cashback?
If you no longer wish to use the Easy Cashback service, log in to your Hello bank! app and go to my services. In your cashback settings, tap “Unsubscribe” and confirm with “ok”.
My cashback is not displayed in the Hello bank! app. Why is that?
Possible reasons include:
- Your purchase is too recent. Your cashback is only displayed in your History 1–3 days after your purchase.
- Your purchase was not made with the debit card that is linked to Easy Cashback.
- The conditions of the merchant’s offer have not been met (purchase deadline, minimum amount, etc.)
- You have cancelled your purchase or have returned (part of) your order.
- You have deactivated Easy Cashback.
The amount of my cashback is not correct. How do I flag this?
Please contact the Hello Team through the Communication menu in your Hello bank! app, or call them directly on 02 433 41 45 stating your customer number and using your Easy Banking Phone code.
You can reach us from 7 am till 10 pm on weekdays and from 9 am till 5 pm on Saturdays.
How is my cashback calculated?
The rate or amount of the cashback is stated in the description of the offers in your Hello bank! app. The cashback amount is calculated based on the total amount including VAT (including all taxes) of your purchase, after deduction of any discounts.
Easy Cashback doesn't work. What must I do?
There are several options: the validity date of the offer may have expired or the conditions for the offer may not have been met. You can consult the terms and conditions of the offers under the Easy Cashback Offer tab in your Hello bank! app.
It may also have been a one-off promotion that you have already used. In all other cases, this may be a temporary malfunction. Please try again later.
Can I use Easy Cashback for a joint payment account?
In principle, all payment accounts of which you are an account holder and for which you have a full mandate are included in Easy Cashback. You will not be able to subscribe if the other account holder has already added the joint payment account in their Easy Cashback. But you can still benefit from cashbacks for purchases made with your debit card Bancontact-Visa Debit. If you do not wish to use the joint payment account, you can unsubscribe from the service in the cashback settings in your Hello bank! app.
Please note: for joint payment accounts, only the holder who added the account to Easy Cashback will have access to the cashbacks and offers of partners.
Is the data in my budget analysis processed securely?
Absolutely. Keeping your personal data safe is our top priority. Our procedures ensure the security of your personal and banking data. The bank solely uses your personal data to analyse your budget, which only you have access to in the Hello bank! app. We do not use it for any other purposes.
Which information does the report for my budget analysis for the previous month include?
Currently, the previous month’s report tells you:
- where you spent your money (most frequent payments),
- what was your biggest expense? (highest amount)
- where you spent your money (most frequent payments),
Some of the bars in my budget analysis chart are empty. Is this normal?
If you see empty bars, this can mean one of three things:
- Either you did not spend anything during the selected period.
- Or the date that you have indicated is in the future. Expenses with an execution date in the future are not included in the overview.
- Or the date for which you want to check your spending precedes the start date of your budget analysis.
Is the amount shown in my budget analysis widget on the home screen up to date?
Yes, it should be. There may be a slight delay if you have just made a payment with your card or have transferred money through the Hello bank! app or Hello bank! web.
Please note that the new 'Budget analysis’ feature is not an accounting tool. This is a purely informative tool, the data of which may not be 100% accurate. The analysis is based on the transaction date and not on the booking date (as is the case for the transaction overview in the Hello bank! app).
If you need the bank statement for a transaction, please refer to your account history rather than the 'Budget analysis’ functionality.
When is my budget analysis for the previous month available?
The report for the previous month is only generated if you have made/received a money transfer/payment into one of your accounts on which your budget analysis for the current month is based.
If you did not spend anything during the previous month, we will be unable to generate a report.
Can I change the period for the overview of my expenses?
Yes. The summary of the current month will always be displayed by default.
You can change this by clicking on the arrows or swiping. This will allow you to track your spending history.
You can also change the overview to track your expenses by the week or year, by clicking on 'Per month' in the top right-hand corner and selecting the desired period.
Which transactions are listed as expenses in the budget analysis?
Every payment you made with your debit card and every transfer you made through the Hello bank! app or Hello bank! web is considered an expense and will therefore be included in the evolution of your expenditure. This also includes money transfers to another type of account, such as a professional account or an investor account.
Transactions between your personal current and/or savings accounts of which you are the holder or joint holder are excluded from your spend analysis.
What information can I find in my budget analysis?
It provides an overview of the expenses for the current month in the form of a bar chart. Information about your spending during the previous month is displayed at the bottom of the screen. (The report for February will be displayed in March, in other words).
On which date does my budget analysis start?
All Hello bank! app users have access to their spend analysis for the past twelve months.
The new functionality was added in March 2022. If you were already using the app before this date, your analysis will thus commence on 1 March 2021.
If you only started using the app after March 2022, your analysis will start one year before the date of your first login in to the Hello bank! app. (E.g., if you used the app for the first time on 24 April 2022, your analysis will start on 24 April 2021).
What accounts do you use to analyse my budget?
The analysis is based on all private accounts of which you are the (co-)holder. This means it is based on data from your payment account and your savings account. Tap the button in the upper right corner of the screen to see the list of accounts that are analysed.
Add an account from another bank
What does aggregating accounts mean?
Account aggregation is the option of adding one or more other current or savings accounts held with another bank (KBC, Belfius and ING) and of which you are the sole account holder to your accounts that are visible in the Hello bank! app.
This allows you to easily check the balance, the latest transactions and other information linked to these accounts. This gives you an overview of all the expenditure and income on all your accounts available in the Hello bank! app.
Each time you add an account from another bank to the Hello bank! app, you will use the signature methods of the bank where the accounts are held (card reader and card of this bank and associated PIN).
The data we collect in this way will not be used for any purpose other than these services.
You may add or delete these accounts from your Hello bank! app at any time.
Can I add all my accounts to the Hello bank! app?
Yes, you can add as many accounts as you want to the Hello bank! app, as long as they are held with the other banks referred to in the question "What is account aggregation?"
However, this service is only available for private accounts (and therefore not for a business account) of which you are the sole account holder.
How do I remove one of my accounts at another bank from the Hello bank! app?
This feature is currently no longer available, but will be available again soon. When this is the case, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to "More";
- Press "Settings";
- Press "Accounts in other banks";
- Tap the account to be deleted;
- Tap "Delete account";
- The account is removed from the Hello bank! app.
Why can't I add a banking institution?
First check your details are correct. They must match the details used when you log in to the online services of the banking institution in question.
The information that I can see in my Hello bank! area is different from the information I see on my other bank’s website. Why is that?
Hello bank! displays only a version of the data available on the sites of other banks. In the event of any discrepancy, the official information is that available on the site of the bank where the account is held.
I cannot see the balance of one or more of my external accounts. Why is that?
If there is a synchronisation problem with one of your external accounts, the balance of this account will not be displayed. An error message informs you and then invites you to synchronise your accounts again, which you can do, for example, by changing your password to the external banking institution.
All your balances will be affected until synchronisation is restored.
How do I add an account from another bank to the Hello bank! app?
At present, this function is only available in the Hello bank! app for iPhone and iPad. This is what you need to do to add an account.
- Log in.
- Tap the "+" sign in the account overview at the top right of the screen.
- Select "Add an account from another bank".
- Tap "Start" at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the bank holding the account and the type of account (current account or savings account). If you choose KBC or Belfius, you will have to enter the account number (IBAN) that you want to add. If you choose ING, you will go directly to the next step.
- You will be redirectedtothe other bank’s environment.
- After you have followed the different steps for adding the account in the other bank’s environment, you will need to confirm the addition of the account one last time (via a Hello bank! screen).
- After this confirmation, the other bank’s account will have been added to the Hello bank! app. And you will see it in your accounts overview.
Easy Banking Web
What are the limits for my transfer amounts made on Easy Banking Web?
By default, the amount of transfers is set at 25,000 euros per day and per (joint) holder or authorised user of the account(s), regardless of the number of accounts. This limit does not apply to transfers between your own accounts, as there is no limit on the amount for these inter-account transfers.
You can set your temporary or permanent limits yourself between 0 euros and the maximum limit of 300,000 euros per day.
If you decide to decrease the limit of the transfer amount, your new limit will apply immediately.
If you decide to increase the limit of the transfer amount, you must confirm your request with itsme® or your card reader. For security reasons, the bank reserves the right to make this new limit applicable only after a certain period of time.
Advice: a lower daily limit can also be an additional security measure in the event of phishing.Note: never change your limit at the request of another person. Hello bank! will never ask you to change your limit.
How do I cancel or reinstate a direct debit on Easy Banking Web?
- Log in using your card reader or the itsme app.
- Click on the "Payments" tab and choose "My direct debits".
- In the "List of my mandates", click on the menu to the right of the name of the company in question.
- Choose "Cancel/Reinstate" and confirm your choice by entering an M2 signature.
I have lost or forgotten my secure Easy Banking Phone telephone PIN. What should I do?
You can also call the Hello Team securely via the Hello Bank! app. Log in to your accounts, then click on "Communication" at the bottom of the screen and choose "Hello Team".
Do you not have access to your Hello Bank! app? Call the Hello Team on 02 433 41 42 and you will receive a new code by post at the address shown in your file.
How do I log in to Easy Banking Web as a Hello bank! customer?
There are two ways you can log in:
- Log in in the same way you do now, using your customer number, your debit card, and your card reader.
- You can also use the itsme app to log in. Does this functionality not work? Here's how to activate it.
I can't use itsme. How can this restriction be lifted?
Have you joined Hello bank! by completing your application online? For security reasons, prior in-person contact with our team is required to activate itsme. We therefore invite you to call 02 433 41 42 to make an appointment at a BNP Paribas Fortis branch.
You can also take advantage of this visit to your branch to activate other services, such as :
- making cash deposits into your current account via ATMs available in BNP Paribas Fortis branches or via a CASH point;
- the option to make transfers to a bank account located outside the euro zone;
- changing the limit of your debit or credit card.
How do I log in to Easy Banking Web for the first time with itsme?
- Go to Easy Banking Web, enter your details and select “Log in with itsme”.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Sign with your card reader.
- Accept the General Terms and Conditions and confirm with an M2 signature using your card reader.
Can everyone use itsme?
In order to create an itsme digital identity and use its services, you must:
- be over the age of 18;
- have a valid Belgian eID (electronic identity card);
- have a Belgian SIM card and a mobile phone.
How do I activate itsme?
- Download the itsme app in the App store or Google Play
- Enter your mobile number.
- Select Hello bank! as a bank with which you want to share your login details. You will then be redirectedtothe Hello bank! secure site.
- Use your card reader and debit card one last time to log in and create your new digital identity.
- You will receive a verification code by SMS, which you must enter in the app.
- Then choose your five-digit itsme PIN. If you wish, you can also activate your login using a fingerprint or facial recognition.
- Go to the Hello Bank! website:
- Log in to "My accounts" and select "Log in with itsme";
- All you need to do now is make your transactions and add new beneficiaries using itsme. Finally, you no longer need your card reader!
I already have an itsme account. How do I link it to Hello bank!?
- Go to Easy Banking Web, click on "Log in" and select "Log in with itsme".
- Enter your mobile number.
- Approve using your card reader (M1 signature).
- Accept the general terms and conditions and confirm with an M2 signature provided by your card reader.
How do I change my itsme PIN?
In the main menu of the itsme app, select "Change my itsme PIN" and choose a new five-digit code.
I have forgotten my itsme PIN. What should I do?
You should first freeze your account on the itsme website or by contacting the itsme helpdesk on 02 657 32 13, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. Then open the itsme app and register again.
I am changing my smartphone. What should I do?
To configure itsme on your new device, first freeze your account via the itsme website or by contacting their helpdesk on 02 657 32 13, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm. Then install the app on your new device and register.
My smartphone has been lost or stolen. What should I do?
Rest assured: it is impossible to use itsme without the unique combination of your smartphone, your SIM card and your itsme PIN. Nevertheless, for greater security, freeze your itsme account immediately on the itsme site or by contacting their helpdesk on 02 657 32 13, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm.
How can I freeze my itsme account?
You can freeze your itsme account on the itsme website. Can't do it? Call the itsme helpdesk on 02 657 32 13, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm.
How do I unfreeze my itsme account?
To unfreeze your itsme account, you just need to go to the itsme app. For security reasons, you will need your bank card reader. You can also contact itsme via their website or by calling 02 657 32 13.