Hello bank! App
Which card should I use with the card reader?
You need your debit card to create a new profile or to confirm transactions with a card reader. Do you have more than one debit card? You must always use the one you created your profile with when you first logged in to the Hello bank! app. Note: you cannot log in using a credit card.
How do I create a new profile in the Hello bank! app?
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the Hello bank! app and press "Log in".
- Enter your customer number and your card number.
- Confirm using an M1 signature with your card and a card reader.
- Enter your phone number and tap on "Send an SMS". You will then receive an activation code by SMS, which you will have to enter on the next screen.
- Next, choose your five-digit Easy Banking code and enter it a second time to confirm it.
- You will then be able to choose whether or not to enable fingerprint or face recognition login.
- Finally, confirm this choice using your five-digit Easy Banking code.
How do I log in to the Hello bank! app?
There are two ways to log in:
- either by entering your five-digit Easy Banking code; or by using your fingerprint or by face recognition if you have these features on your smartphone.
What is the limit of an instant money transfer?
Valid until 01/11/2022
You can transfer up to EUR 5,000 per account per day via an instant money transfer.
Valid as of 02/11/2022
You can transfer up to EUR 5,000 per day via an instant money transfer.
Where do I find my client and card numbers?
You will find these two numbers on the back of your Hello or Hello4You debit card. Your customer number consists of ten digits and your card number consists of 16 digits.
Tip: scan the back of your card like the Hello Bank! app suggests and you will not have to fill in this information manually.
I want to view my bank statements in the Hello bank! app. Is this possible?
Yes, it is!
- Select an account, then tap the three dots on the top right of your screen.
- Then select "Statements" in the menu and you will see your statements sorted by date.
What is Zoomit for?
Zoomit is a free service available in the Hello bank! app. It allows you to process your bills, credit notes and payslips quickly and easily. You can manage, view and pay your bills in just a few clicks. Do you need to pay a bill? Zoomit will offer you a pre-completed European transfer. You will therefore not have to fill in all the data for this transfer manually.
With Zoomit, you also decide for yourself when you pay, and you will therefore carry out these transactions more quickly. You will also find a clear overview of all your documents and the corresponding payments in a secure environment.
To take advantage of this service, go to the "Communication" tab at the bottom of your screen and select "Zoomit".
How much does an instant money transfer cost?
An instant money transfer made using the Hello bank! app costs EUR 0.60 (including VAT).
What happens if I get the code wrong three times?
If you enter an incorrect Easy Banking code three times, it is automatically blocked. You will receive a message informing you that it has been blocked for security reasons. You can create a new Easy Banking code by clicking on "Create a new code". You will then have to follow the procedure described in the question "How do I create a new profile in the Hello bank! app?"
My device turned off while I was making a transfer in the Hello bank! app: what will happen?
Didn't receive confirmation for this transaction before your phone turned off? And looking at your account, do you not see any debits corresponding to the amount of this transaction? This means that the transaction has not been completed, so you have to re-enter it.
I have forgotten my Easy Banking code. What do I need to do to receive a new one?
- Click on "Log in" then on "Forgotten code?"
- Log in using your card and your card reader (M1).
- Choose a new Easy Banking code and confirm it.
I have lost my smartphone or tablet. What should I do?
Rest assured: the Hello bank! app is completely secure. The five-digit Easy Banking code is required to log in to the app and access your banking data. And after three incorrect attempts at the Easy Banking code, it will be blocked. You will then have to recreate a profile using your debit card and a card reader.
You can also freeze the Hello bank! app by calling the Hello Team on 02 433 41 42 from Monday to Friday from 7 am to 10 pm, and on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
What is an instant money transfer?
An instant money transfer is a transfer in euros that is executed and processed immediately, including evenings, weekends and public holidays. The money arrives in a few seconds in the beneficiary account, even when you make a transfer to an account with another bank.
What are the limits for transfer amounts in the Hello bank! app?
Valid until 01/11/2022
The maximum transfer amount is 25,000 euros per day and per account. This restriction does not apply to transfers between your own accounts, since these inter-account transfers are unlimited.
Valid as of 02/11/2022The maximum transfer amount is 25,000 euros per day and per (joint) holder or authorised user of the account(s), regardless of the number of accounts. This restriction does not apply to transfers between your own accounts, since these inter-account transfers are unlimited.
I want to cancel a transfer that I have made myself using the Hello bank! app. Is this possible?
If the transfer has been entered without an execution date, you must contact the beneficiary* of the account to request the amount be repaid.
If this transfer has been entered with a future execution date, you can modify it as follows.
- In the Hello bank! app:
- log in;
- choose the current account from which the transfer is to be made, then press "Scheduled";
- select the transfer in question and press the icon at the top right of your screen to delete it.
- log in;
- choose the current account from which the transfer is to be made, then click on "Scheduled";
- select the transfer in question and click on “Details” then "Modify" or "Delete".
Why can't I make an instant money transfer?
Here are the reasons why your instant money transfer may not be possible:
- the beneficiary's bank does not accept instant money transfers;
- the beneficiary account has been closed;
- you have exceeded the maximum amount permitted for instant money transfers.
What types of transfers in euros do I need to sign using my card reader in the Hello bank! app?
You must enter an M2 signature if you exceed the limit of EUR 5,000 per day. Note: you should never use an M2 signature to log in. Unlike the M1 signature, the M2 signature is used only to confirm a transaction that you have requested.
How do I make an instant money transfer?
- Open the Hello bank! app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Start entering your transfer.
- Click on "Execution date" then "Instant transfer".
- Fill in the transfer form, click on "Next" and confirm.
How do I update my mobile number?
You can update your mobile number yourself by logging on to the Hello bank! website. Once you have logged in·, click on the small cog wheel at the top right of your screen and choose the "Personal data" tab. Don't have a computer or a tablet? Call the Hello Team on 02 433 41 42, from Monday to Friday from 7 am to 10 pm, or on Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm.
I log in on a smartphone using my Easy Banking code. Can I also use the Hello bank! app on a tablet?
Yes, but you will have to create a new profile (see the question "How do I log in to the Hello bank! app?"). It’s up to you to choose whether you want to use the same code that you chose to log in to your Hello bank! app on your smartphone.
Add an account from another bank
What does aggregating accounts mean?
Account aggregation is the option of adding one or more other current or savings accounts held with another bank (KBC, Belfius and ING) and of which you are the sole account holder to your accounts that are visible in the Hello bank! app.
This allows you to easily check the balance, the latest transactions and other information linked to these accounts. This gives you an overview of all the expenditure and income on all your accounts available in the Hello bank! app.
Each time you add an account from another bank to the Hello bank! app, you will use the signature methods of the bank where the accounts are held (card reader and card of this bank and associated PIN).
The data we collect in this way will not be used for any purpose other than these services.
You may add or delete these accounts from your Hello bank! app at any time.
Can I add all my accounts to the Hello bank! app?
Yes, you can add as many accounts as you want to the Hello bank! app, as long as they are held with the other banks referred to in the question "What is account aggregation?"
However, this service is only available for private accounts (and therefore not for a business account) of which you are the sole account holder.
How do I remove one of my accounts at another bank from the Hello bank! app?
This feature is currently no longer available, but will be available again soon. When this is the case, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to "More";
- Press "Settings";
- Press "Accounts in other banks";
- Tap the account to be deleted;
- Tap "Delete account";
- The account is removed from the Hello bank! app.
Why can't I add a banking institution?
First check your details are correct. They must match the details used when you log in to the online services of the banking institution in question.
The information that I can see in my Hello bank! area is different from the information I see on my other bank’s website. Why is that?
Hello bank! displays only a version of the data available on the sites of other banks. In the event of any discrepancy, the official information is that available on the site of the bank where the account is held.
I cannot see the balance of one or more of my external accounts. Why is that?
If there is a synchronisation problem with one of your external accounts, the balance of this account will not be displayed. An error message informs you and then invites you to synchronise your accounts again, which you can do, for example, by changing your password to the external banking institution.
All your balances will be affected until synchronisation is restored.
Hello bank! website
Can I view my bank statements on the Hello bank! website?
Yes, you can!
- Click on "Statements" and then on "My statements".
- Then click on the menu to the right of the account number and choose "View".
- By default, you will see your statements from the last three months, with the option of going back over the last ten years via "Selection criteria".
What are the limits for my transfer amounts made on the Hello bank! website?
Valid until 01/11/2022
The maximum transfer amount is 300,000 euros per day per account. This limit does not apply to transfers between your own accounts, as there is no limit on the amount for these inter-account transfers.
Valid as of 02/11/2022
By default, the amount of transfers is set at 25,000 euros per day and per (joint) holder or authorised user of the account(s), regardless of the number of accounts. This limit does not apply to transfers between your own accounts, as there is no limit on the amount for these inter-account transfers.
You can set your temporary or permanent limits yourself between 0 euros and the maximum limit of 300,000 euros per day.
If you decide to decrease the limit of the transfer amount, your new limit will apply immediately.
If you decide to increase the limit of the transfer amount, you must confirm your request with itsme® or your card reader. For security reasons, the bank reserves the right to make this new limit applicable only after a certain period of time.
Advice: a lower daily limit can also be an additional security measure in the event of phishing.Note: never change your limit at the request of another person. Hello bank! will never ask you to change your limit.
How do I cancel or reinstate a direct debit on the Hello bank! website?
- Log in using your card reader or the itsme app.
- Click on the "Payments" tab and choose "My direct debits".
- In the "List of my mandates", click on the menu to the right of the name of the company in question.
- Choose "Cancel/Reinstate" and confirm your choice by entering an M2 signature.
What types of transfers do I need to approve using my card reader on the Hello bank! website?
You must enter an M2 signature obtained using your card reader:
- for transfers to a known beneficiary, if you exceed the limit of EUR 2,500 per day per account or EUR 5,000 per week;
- for transfers to a new beneficiary, if you exceed the limit of EUR 30 per transaction or EUR 100 per day per account.
I have lost or forgotten my secure Easy Banking Phone telephone PIN. What should I do?
You can also call the Hello Team securely via the Hello Bank! app. Log in to your accounts, then click on "Communication" at the bottom of the screen and choose "Hello Team".
Do you not have access to your Hello Bank! app? Call the Hello Team on 02 433 41 42 and you will receive a new code by post at the address shown in your file.
How do I log in to the Hello bank! website?
You can log in to the Hello bank! website in two ways:
- either by entering an M1 signature obtained with your card reader and your debit card;
- or by using the itsme app.
How do I create a new profile on the Hello bank! website?
- Click on "Log in" at the top right of all the pages of the Hello bank! website.
- Enter your customer number and your debit card number.
- Click "Next".
- Have your debit card and a card reader to hand and follow the steps on the screen to confirm the creation of your profile with an M1 signature.
I can't use itsme. How can this restriction be lifted?
Have you joined Hello bank! by completing your application online? For security reasons, prior in-person contact with our team is required to activate itsme. We therefore invite you to call 02 433 41 42 to make an appointment at a BNP Paribas Fortis branch.
You can also take advantage of this visit to your branch to activate other services, such as :
- making cash deposits into your current account via ATMs available in BNP Paribas Fortis branches or via a CASH point;
- the option to make transfers to a bank account located outside the euro zone;
- changing the limit of your debit or credit card.
Is my smartphone compatible with itsme?
Yes, if you have an Android smartphone (6.0 or later) or Apple (iOS 11.0 or later).
Can everyone use itsme?
In order to create an itsme digital identity and use its services, you must:
- be over the age of 18;
- have a valid Belgian eID (electronic identity card);
- have a Belgian SIM card and a mobile phone.
How do I activate itsme?
- Download the itsme app in the App store or Google Play
- Enter your mobile number.
- Select Hello bank! as a bank with which you want to share your login details. You will then be redirectedtothe Hello bank! secure site.
- Use your card reader and debit card one last time to log in and create your new digital identity.
- You will receive a verification code by SMS, which you must enter in the app.
- Then choose your five-digit itsme PIN. If you wish, you can also activate your login using a fingerprint or facial recognition.
- Go to the Hello Bank! website:
- Log in to "My accounts" and select "Log in with itsme";
- All you need to do now is make your transactions and add new beneficiaries using itsme. Finally, you no longer need your card reader!
How do I change my itsme PIN?
In the main menu of the itsme app, select "Change my itsme PIN" and choose a new five-digit code.
- I have forgotten my itsme PIN. What should I do?
- I am changing my smartphone. What should I do?
My smartphone has been lost or stolen. What should I do?
Rest assured: it is impossible to use itsme without the unique combination of your smartphone, your SIM card and your itsme PIN. Nevertheless, for greater security, freeze your itsme account immediately on the itsme site or by contacting their helpdesk on 02 657 32 13, Monday to Friday from 8 am to 6 pm.
- How can I freeze my itsme account?
- How do I unfreeze my itsme account?